SunriseWALKS - Long Island
June 10, 2018
Henry Kaufmann Campgrounds
75 Colonial Springs Road
Wheatley Heights, NY 11798
Who can participate?
– All schools or school affiliated club or sports teams! Any age or school grade is able to participate. Teams can consist of students from various grades or schools within a district (i.e. elementary and high schools can participate on the same team). Teams can create friendly competition by having multiple teams within the same district (i.e. one High School team and one Middle School team).
Seniors last day of school is before the walk. Can they still participate?
– Yes, we encourage all students to participate in the School Challenge and attend the walk even if their last day of school is before June 12. There is no better feeling than celebrating your team's hard work and success together at our event!
How can I track my teams progress?
– You can view your teams fundraising page to see how much has been raised and who has joined your team. You can also view your team's fundraising progress against other School Challenge Teams by visiting the School Challenge Leaderboard here:
My school doesn't allow in-person fundraising events at this time. What should I do?
– There are many ways to virtually raise funds! You can host a virtual trivia event, Bingo Night or even do an endurance challenge. The SunriseWALKS Staff will work with you to brainstorm fun and engaging ideas.
Will my team earn anything?
– The School Challenge Team with the most amount of money raised by DATE will win XXXX and the opportunity to speak onstage at the SunriseWALKS event on Sunday, June 12.
Can I earn Volunteer Hours?
– Yes, you can receive volunteer hours. You can bring your school's volunteer form to the event on June 12, or email it to Lizzie here.
What other types of volunteer opportunities do you offer?
– Yes, there are many opportunities to volunteer with SunriseWALKS. Leading up to the event on June 12, we will need assistance packaging our Goody Bags, setting up the campgrounds for the event, and assisting with outreach calls. We will also need help the day of the event. Day of opportunities include volunteering at registration, on the course, and at our post-walk carnival. NOTE: you can still join the School Challenge and participate in other volunteer opportunities!
If you are interested in any of these type of opportunities, fill out our Volunteer Form here: